Disability Inclusion Program Coordinator
'The Local Hero'
The ‘Local Hero’ must be a person with disability and/or lived experience who has been involved in sport as a player, volunteer or administrator. The role will be to work within local council to engage local sporting clubs and schools in the S4A website, resources and program. They will bring their real-life disability experiences to the clubs and schools which will create a strong linkage with the purpose of S4A and the benefits and opportunities the program can bring. Initial training and on-going development provided.
The Local Hero role includes:
- Working with the recreation, community engagement teams and schools focus youth coordinators in the LGA, to determine the sporting clubs and schools to be invited into the S4A program
- Plan the contact engagement strategy with the council over the course of the pilot program
- Understand and align their work to the broader S4A program outcomes
- Attend program meetings with S4A representative from GSA and the contact person in the recreation team to ensure program outcomes are being met
- Effective stakeholder engagement with sporting clubs and schools to bring them into the program
- Support sporting clubs and schools to work through the program
- Provide mentoring for the local government employees, sporting clubs and schools